Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Yatming selection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Random Yatming selection

    BMW 835cs

    Click image for larger version

Name:	yatming bmw 835cs.JPG
Views:	1134
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	557

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01454%201_zps9yis1m8y.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	663

    Comment


    • #3
      Click image for larger version

Name:	yatming boss mustang yellow dot-cross.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	965
      The image file limits have been reset. We have over-limit warnings for the past 3 months and I've had to lower the image file limits. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I know I've mentioned many times before, but it is very important to downsize images - doesn't matter if they are hosted elsewhere or here. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The new limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

      Thank you for your understanding.

      Comment


      • #4
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01442_zpsmxrecmbk.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1186

        Comment


        • #5
          Click image for larger version

Name:	yat 57 chevy blue.JPG
Views:	549
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1332
          The image file limits have been reset. We have over-limit warnings for the past 3 months and I've had to lower the image file limits. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I know I've mentioned many times before, but it is very important to downsize images - doesn't matter if they are hosted elsewhere or here. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The new limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

          Thank you for your understanding.

          Comment


          • #6
            One of my all time favourite Yatming castings.

            '79 Nissan Silvia 2000 ZSE-X (S110)

            '79 Nissan Silvia 2000 ZSE-X (S110)
            "Obscure Diecast" Collector
            My collection online at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/colinsdiecast/

            Comment


            • #7








              Comment


              • #8
                once i get my photobucket straightened out i will be able to post pictures.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by juantoo3 View Post
                  BMW 835cs

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	yatming bmw 835cs.JPG
Views:	1134
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	557
                  Ultra kewl. Me wants one.
                  - Jeff
                  Supreme Miniature Vehicle Storage Solutions Architect

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Right chuffed to have scored this little jewel recently - even if the trailer got lost along the road somewhere. The Ford C-series trucks were well represented in the miniature world in the mid to late 1960s. Maybe that's why it just looks right today. Extra points if anyone knows what trailer came with it, and what model number it is. Maybe it was a stand-alone piece. Who Knows?





                    - Jeff
                    Supreme Miniature Vehicle Storage Solutions Architect

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks like it was a Shell tanker.

                      - Jeff
                      Supreme Miniature Vehicle Storage Solutions Architect

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by atombaum View Post
                        Right chuffed to have scored this little jewel recently - even if the trailer got lost along the road somewhere. The Ford C-series trucks were well represented in the miniature world in the mid to late 1960s. Maybe that's why it just looks right today. Extra points if anyone knows what trailer came with it, and what model number it is. Maybe it was a stand-alone piece. Who Knows?
                        This casting was released with many different trailer types over the years. Being that your's is a later China release, I believe that the Shell tanker was out of production when it was released.

                        I've never been able to track down a casting number for the cab alone. From what I can tell, I think this truck cab as well as the copy of the Majorette Bernard cab which preceded it were numbered as pairs with the different types of trailers that they were released with. Then again, these trailers were also released with other truck cabs that had their own casting numbers, so I could very well be incorrect. The early trailers are numbered from 1381-1385 according to an old package in my collection, so perhaps the Ford cab is number 1380? Just one of the mysteries that makes Yatming so interesting to collect!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by redgf8 View Post

                          This casting was released with many different trailer types over the years. Being that your's is a later China release, I believe that the Shell tanker was out of production when it was released.

                          I've never been able to track down a casting number for the cab alone. From what I can tell, I think this truck cab as well as the copy of the Majorette Bernard cab which preceded it were numbered as pairs with the different types of trailers that they were released with. Then again, these trailers were also released with other truck cabs that had their own casting numbers, so I could very well be incorrect. The early trailers are numbered from 1381-1385 according to an old package in my collection, so perhaps the Ford cab is number 1380? Just one of the mysteries that makes Yatming so interesting to collect!
                          Thank you. For now, I'll refer to this truck cab as "1380?." FWIW, when I was searching online for the truck, the only trailer (with this particular truck) was the Shell tanker. It looked like there were other Yatming truck cabs that went with other trailers. It is fun to unravel the mystery.
                          - Jeff
                          Supreme Miniature Vehicle Storage Solutions Architect

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Doug

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yatming - '80 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado Tow Truck

                              Yatming - '80 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado Tow Truck
                              "Obscure Diecast" Collector
                              My collection online at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/colinsdiecast/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X