Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private messages

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Private messages

    How do you retrieve or look at past Private Messages? Not regular Messages, vB Messages (or are they the same?)

    Rick

  • #2
    Go to the Message Center and open Inbox.
    All the old messages should be there.

    Comment


    • #3

      EDIT: I just cross posted the same thing what Random said...

      Message Center > Inbox = all your old messages
      I collect what I like, and I like what I collect.

      Michael the "Toyotageek"
      Japanese Minicar Garage https://japaneseminicargarage.weebly.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Random View Post
        Go to the Message Center and open Inbox.
        All the old messages should be there.
        Thanks, Yes, I got that. Maybe at one time there was an additional message system?

        Rick

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PENSNO1 View Post

          Thanks, Yes, I got that. Maybe at one time there was an additional message system?
          I don't really understand the private message system here. There is the vB messenger and then there's that one in inbox.
          Took me a while to realise that there's Inbox where to find older messages.

          Comment


          • #6
            Now you guys got me confused. And I'm getting myself even more confused.

            Where are you seeing / using vB messenger?

            I know about our Private Messaging system, and the inbox.

            I can't see anything anywhere for vB messenger.

            What's adding to the confusion is Visitor Messages. I just happened to receive one today, and read & replied to it, via the link in the email I received. But once on the forum, I can't find anyplace to retrieve Visitor Messages. Am I making any sense?
            I collect what I like, and I like what I collect.

            Michael the "Toyotageek"
            Japanese Minicar Garage https://japaneseminicargarage.weebly.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by toyotageek View Post
              Now you guys got me confused. And I'm getting myself even more confused.

              Where are you seeing / using vB messenger?

              I know about our Private Messaging system, and the inbox.

              I can't see anything anywhere for vB messenger.

              What's adding to the confusion is Visitor Messages. I just happened to receive one today, and read & replied to it, via the link in the email I received. But once on the forum, I can't find anyplace to retrieve Visitor Messages. Am I making any sense?
              Visitor Messages! That's what I was talking about. I remember getting a couple of those and replied, now I can't find them.

              Rick

              Comment


              • #8
                Visitor messages are bit tricky.
                Open Notications in Message Center- > Filter- > choose Both and Visitor Messages.

                To me it doesn't show all visitor messages i've received but that seems to be only way to see any visitor messages.
                There may be easier way to find the visitor messages but I don't know it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Visitor messages are bit tricky.
                  Open Notications in Message Center- > Filter- > choose Both and Visitor Messages.

                  To me it doesn't show all visitor messages i've received but that seems to be only way to see any visitor messages.
                  There may be easier way to find the visitor messages but I don't know it.
                  Yes, that worked sort of. Like you said, I can see some, just not all. Weird.

                  Thanks everyone

                  Rick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Found em!
                    Go to your user profile- >Filter- >check All Time and Visitor Messages.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Random View Post
                      Found em!
                      Go to your user profile- >Filter- >check All Time and Visitor Messages.
                      That's it! Thanks! Great investigation work.

                      Rick

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Random View Post
                        Found em!
                        Go to your user profile- >Filter- >check All Time and Visitor Messages.
                        Awesome! Thanks Random!
                        I collect what I like, and I like what I collect.

                        Michael the "Toyotageek"
                        Japanese Minicar Garage https://japaneseminicargarage.weebly.com/

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X