Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • McDonald's

    In the 1990's, Mattel released some pretty nice and unique castings to be used as McDonald's promotional items. Here are my favourite ones: Lead Sled, Gas Hog Cadillac Convertible, Flame Rider Roadster, Dark Rider Series Car and Tow Truck. Which are yours?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5205 (1).jpg
Views:	167
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	474086
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5206 (1).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	474083
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5203 (1).jpg
Views:	195
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	474082 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5204 (1).jpg
Views:	163
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	474085 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5202 (1).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	474084

  • #2
    Yes, these are probably some of the nicer promo cars from Mickey D's.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice collection! I have the caddy and the tow truck

      Comment


      • #4
        Nice ones you have congrats.👍 I have all of those in my hot wheels collection.👍

        Comment


        • #5
          i remember way back when they used mainline cars for the promo...

          on this group i think there must millions of them.it seems at every toy show you see them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pegers View Post
            i remember way back when they used mainline cars for the promo...

            on this group i think there must millions of them.it seems at every toy show you see them.
            well McD's IS the top toy producer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by samace30 View Post
              Nice ones you have congrats.👍 I have all of those in my hot wheels collection.👍
              .
              .
              .

              Me, too, Sam
              !
              .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BOB-LO View Post
                .
                .
                .

                Me, too, Sam
                !
                .
                i guess i am the odd guy out...as i do not have any of them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pegers View Post

                  i guess i am the odd guy out...as i do not have any of them.
                  You’re not alone—I don’t, either (Although, I think I used to have the Lead Sled at one time, but no longer).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here's another version of the roadster:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Christophe View Post
                      In the 1990's, Mattel released some pretty nice and unique castings to be used as McDonald's promotional items. Here are my favourite ones: Lead Sled, Gas Hog Cadillac Convertible, Flame Rider Roadster, Dark Rider Series Car and Tow Truck. Which are yours?

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5205 (1).jpg Views:	46 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	474086
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5206 (1).jpg Views:	42 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	474083
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5203 (1).jpg Views:	49 Size:	73.0 KB ID:	474082 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5204 (1).jpg Views:	41 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	474085 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5202 (1).jpg Views:	41 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	474084
                      Actually those are probably my picks of the litter as well. Particularly fond of the Caddy, Tow Truck and Lead Sled.

                      One I don't see, and I think came from the next batch, is the Studebaker wagon, I don't know the official name.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	127
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	474392
                      Image borrowed from the database, I believe this is Pastor John's handiwork
                      The image file limits have been reset. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

                      Thank you for your understanding.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yes, that wagon is a great casting too. I am looking for that one actually.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pegers View Post

                          i guess i am the odd guy out...as i do not have any of them.
                          .
                          .
                          .
                          .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I know I have blue and white Funny Car dragsters from around this same era, but they both predate me by a couple of years or so. The HW stuff that existed when I was of age was kind of junky, though there were a number of LEGO sets issued around 2000 or so.

                            The whole bunch looks great! The roadster will be one I'll pick up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This one is called 2K57 Glo-rider. The light blue parts are luminous:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X