Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Majorette Sonic Flasher NYC EMS Ambulance & more

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Majorette Sonic Flasher NYC EMS Ambulance & more

    Merry Christmas to me!


    Found at the thrift store on Boxing Day.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191753-933.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.7 KB ID:	44387
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191739-828.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.9 KB ID:	44388

    Maisto Chevy Caprice Springfield Police car. From the thrift store.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191310-101.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.9 KB ID:	44389
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191833-231.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.3 KB ID:	44390

    Majorette Renault Apline A310 Police car. Well played with.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191458-549.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.4 KB ID:	44391
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-191441-719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.7 KB ID:	44392

    We still have TRU's here and they had these on sale.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20191226-192403-243.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.6 KB ID:	44393

  • #2
    Originally posted by Diecaster62 View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG-20191226-192403-243.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.6 KB ID:	44393
    I'd love to see this on newer NYPD police cars!!
    the white ones now just look too ordinary

    congrats on the finds
    If I was at the thrift storeI bet I'd find more

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by microbuss View Post

      I'd love to see this on newer NYPD police cars!!
      the white ones now just look too ordinary

      congrats on the finds
      If I was at the thrift storeI bet I'd find more
      Oh...I found more stuff. I actually left a lot of stuff behind and could've spent more but I used self control and only bought one bag of loose cars. This was just what I found that was relevant to the Apparatus Bay. I will post pics of the other things I found in their appropriate garages.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Diecaster62 View Post

        Oh...I found more stuff. I actually left a lot of stuff behind and could've spent more but I used self control and only bought one bag of loose cars. This was just what I found that was relevant to the Apparatus Bay. I will post pics of the other things I found in their appropriate garages.
        well I'd of gotten the semi trucks if there was any
        Sides still gotta get the rare Majorette CP Rail trucks they made hehe

        Comment


        • #5
          Those are some nice Boxing Day finds! I always liked the sonic flasher ambulances from Majorette. Back in my EMT days used to occasionally take one with me to meetings to entertain everyone!

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice Holiday additions. That Alpine police car must have been someone's favorite during playtime.
            Doug

            Comment


            • #7
              The NYC EMS Sonic Flasher is in pretty good shape. Just a little touch up on the corners, and it will look like a new one! Problem is swapping out the batteries. Instead of simply backing out a screw and swapping a battery--you've got to drill two or more rivets, do some cutting on the electronic module, and try not to break off any wires. And the new Sonic Flashers are built the same way. Maisto, if I recall, had a battery compartment that could be opened up with a screw.

              I've got a Caprice as well. What I like best about it is that it was made before Maisto switched to opaque windows and no interior. Unfortunately, the light bar broke off years ago (it's one of the oldest cars in my collection--think my folks bought me a huge Maisto gift set for Christmas ca. 2000). And, given it's under 1/64, I can't use a true 1/64 light bar.

              Comment

              Working...
              X