Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinkin Lincoln,,,maybe not

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stinkin Lincoln,,,maybe not

    Here's the new 77 Lincoln Mk. Nice as expected from AW but not really one of my favorites. I might have better photos soon. The batteries in my camera died and I did not replace the immediately. Most of my setting reset to "default" and it's hard as Chinese Arithmetic to reprogram.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6132 (2).jpg
Views:	206
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	398012

  • #2
    Originally posted by Leroy Brown View Post
    Here's the new 77 Lincoln Mk. Nice as expected from AW but not really one of my favorites. I might have better photos soon. The batteries in my camera died and I did not replace the immediately. Most of my setting reset to "default" and it's hard as Chinese Arithmetic to reprogram.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6132 (2).jpg
Views:	206
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	398012
    The only thing that is wrong is the background unless this is a Pimp-daddy.
    Due to the recent budget cuts,
    the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
    current state of the economy, the light at the end
    of the tunnel has been turned off.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm really looking forward to this casting - I almost splurged a couple of years ago on the NEO 1/64 Mark V, but held off. That being said, I think this one really needs the contrasting landau roof to make it pop. I don't think I've ever seen one with a body color roof in real life. I'm really hoping they also do a Bill Blass version with the faux convertible top which lacks the opera window. The blue and white always looked striking to me.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bill blass mark v.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	398043

      Comment


      • #4
        The black Lincolns were supposed to show up at the same time as the blue ones November/December. Instead, I watch as each month passes and my OLD bumps up the expected arrival of the black Lincoln I ordered forever ago.

        I just checked and they've bumped it up to "February Arrival" (since January ends on Monday) and there is no sign of it. Same story for several Greenlights I've pre-ordered, which keep getting pushed up.

        The one that particularly annoys is the primer gray 1973 Chevelle from "Drive" that several people got shipped to them weeks ago, but my OLD now says isn't coming until "February-March".

        I don't blame the OLD, which is why I'm not naming them. They want to ship ASAP because they only get paid when they ship.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JBH6666 View Post
          I'm really looking forward to this casting - I almost splurged a couple of years ago on the NEO 1/64 Mark V, but held off. That being said, I think this one really needs the contrasting landau roof to make it pop. I don't think I've ever seen one with a body color roof in real life. I'm really hoping they also do a Bill Blass version with the faux convertible top which lacks the opera window. The blue and white always looked striking to me.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	bill blass mark v.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	398043
          I hope they make one too. My Dad had a Bill Blass Edition but his was white and red. It definitely stood out in a crowd...lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Firehawk73 View Post

            I hope they make one too. My Dad had a Bill Blass Edition but his was white and red. It definitely stood out in a crowd...lol
            So how does that explain you being a Chevrolet Man or does he like cars no matter what brand?
            Due to the recent budget cuts,
            the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
            current state of the economy, the light at the end
            of the tunnel has been turned off.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Daniel View Post

              So how does that explain you being a Chevrolet Man or does he like cars no matter what brand?
              My Dad was just a car guy. I don't think he was too particular as long it was cool. I did notice he did lean towards Mopar a bit but it would be hard to tell if you didn't know him.

              Comment


              • #8
                When I was in the car business, we used to call these "Stinkin Lincolns" because we sold Chrysler. As for the black Lincoln, I bought the other cars in that set but couldn't find the Mark. I have the blue Nova and red C10 on the way. Finally, for DAN, here is the Lincoln in another setting.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6140 (2).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	398115

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm still waiting for the black Lincoln to show up.
                  - Burton W. Pine

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Leroy Brown View Post
                    When I was in the car business, we used to call these "Stinkin Lincolns" because we sold Chrysler. As for the black Lincoln, I bought the other cars in that set but couldn't find the Mark. I have the blue Nova and red C10 on the way. Finally, for DAN, here is the Lincoln in another setting.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6140 (2).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	398115
                    That's a darn nice picture of that Lincoln.
                    Due to the recent budget cuts,
                    the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
                    current state of the economy, the light at the end
                    of the tunnel has been turned off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Firehawk73 View Post

                      My Dad was just a car guy. I don't think he was too particular as long it was cool. I did notice he did lean towards Mopar a bit but it would be hard to tell if you didn't know him.
                      Sounds like I would like your Dad.
                      The image file limits have been reset. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

                      Thank you for your understanding.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        think I saw a pic of one of these with PIPES on the sides
                        like the hot rods have
                        Hot Rod Lincoln

                        That be one I'D own

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nice looking Lincoln - thinking this blue one is one I might add to my collection.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have this and the black version on pre-orders from an OLDs as well plus several newer castings from AW and JL plus Greenlight. Patiently waiting for them.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looking good to me. I will be looking for this one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X