Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing Champions 1959 Ford F-250

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Racing Champions 1959 Ford F-250

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1054.jpg
Views:	1307
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	388457

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1061.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	388458

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1057.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	388459

    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1059.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	388460

    The next door neighbor when I was in High School drove an old square body Ford pickup. I know it wasn't an F-250 and it wasn't a 4x4, but it was still a cool old truck and one reason I still have a fondness for the styling of this series of pickups.

    The RC casting was also issued as Route 66, and eventually made its way onto Johnny Lightning red cards. Hope springs eternal, I'd like to see this one come back.
    The image file limits have been reset. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

    Thank you for your understanding.

  • #2
    Actually this has been in the rebooted JL range quite often over the past 4/5 years with a couple of 2020 Trucks/Trailer releases by JL. Haven't seen it sold as a RC model for quite some time.



    I found this black and green version at the 2016 Hershey Toy Show in Pennsylvania when the then girlfriend, now wife, and I went out to visit Swifty and the toy show plus an amusement park and Gettysburg in a 3 day period.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by craftymore View Post
      Actually this has been in the rebooted JL range quite often over the past 4/5 years with a couple of 2020 Trucks/Trailer releases by JL. Haven't seen it sold as a RC model for quite some time.



      I found this black and green version at the 2016 Hershey Toy Show in Pennsylvania when the then girlfriend, now wife, and I went out to visit Swifty and the toy show plus an amusement park and Gettysburg in a 3 day period.
      .
      ,.

      ..All I can say is...

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll add for the time period it was and is a stellar model. Wyatt has it listed as 1/57 scale wise but I strongly feel this should be in a diecast hall of fame as it's a worthy entry in my view.

        Comment


        • #5
          A very cool truck, and I have these two from the older Racing Champions, Police USA, and Fire & Rescue USA series'.

          Doug

          Comment


          • #6
            I almost bought a 1/1 for if I recall correctly, either $1700 or $2500 as a project truck, but decided against it, even though my Granddad was on board. It was a couple years before I got my license anyway, though the truck was pretty darn solid with minimal rust. Plus it was, in fact, a 4WD. It was a dark blue color with white grille and bumpers.

            I bought the Tonka "Suburban Pumper" mini from the Funrise line, as I found it at Magic Mart around that time. However, I kept meaning to get this one, but never did. With the higher level of detail and better wheels the RC/Ertl/JL reissues under Round 2 have, this casting can really shine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Click image for larger version

Name:	rc 59 ford f250 utility 1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	388625

              Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8135.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	388626

              It was also available, briefly, as a bucket truck and a wrecker
              The image file limits have been reset. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

              Thank you for your understanding.

              Comment


              • #8
                These are the examples from my F-Series collection.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-9.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	388629 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-10.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	388630 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-11.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	388632 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-12.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	388631
                "I am a Ford, not a Lincoln."

                Gerald R. Ford

                Comment


                • #9
                  I believe I received that bucket truck from Wes. Thanks again. The HiVis St. Charles brush truck is called a custom because the utility bed was gnarly and faded. I painted it white and detailed the apparatus and taillighting.
                  Last edited by HossPower98; 01-09-2022, 08:12 AM.
                  "I am a Ford, not a Lincoln."

                  Gerald R. Ford

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HossPower98 View Post
                    These are the examples from my F-Series collection.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-9.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	388629
                    .
                    ,
                    ...Thanks for this post, Hoss! It's an "eye opener", to be sure!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jt3 View Post

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN8135.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	388626
                      Sorry to hijack a little but the white vehicle behind the 250, with a tire on the roof: is that a JL Cherokee? I believe it is but was wondering if you could share a photo? I’ve seen one other pic of an all white with a roof mounted tire and snorkel adorned JL Cherokee but I haven’t seen it on JLCollector or in any other reference material for JL. Would you know if it was part of a Forever64 release series?

                      thanks!
                      Avid Jeep Cherokee XJ Collector. My Collection (still adding). Cherokees I'm looking for :-)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HossPower98 View Post
                        These are the examples from my F-Series collection.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-9.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	388629 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-10.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	388630 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-11.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	388632 Click image for larger version

Name:	RC Trucks 8-up layout-12.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	388631
                        I bet samace30 doesn't have all of those.
                        Due to the recent budget cuts,
                        the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
                        current state of the economy, the light at the end
                        of the tunnel has been turned off.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by craftymore View Post
                          Wyatt has it listed as 1/57 scale wise but I strongly feel this should be in a diecast hall of fame as it's a worthy entry in my view.
                          I can't find either of my two copies to measure (sorry), but 1/57 seems a mite large. Hafta see if I can find one of mine later.

                          The Wife-Unit could tell stories about driving her dad's white '59 F-150. It was all she could do to push in the clutch, it was so stiff. She had an easier time driving their '59 4wd panel truck. Her dad also kept another near-complete F-150 (also white) in their back yard which he used as a parts donor. He was really into DIY where vehicles were concerned.
                          Bert sez...
                          "Wanna sell more?
                          MAKE IT 1/64!!!"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Skorpyo View Post

                            Sorry to hijack a little but the white vehicle behind the 250, with a tire on the roof: is that a JL Cherokee? I believe it is but was wondering if you could share a photo? I’ve seen one other pic of an all white with a roof mounted tire and snorkel adorned JL Cherokee but I haven’t seen it on JLCollector or in any other reference material for JL. Would you know if it was part of a Forever64 release series?

                            thanks!
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	tom z jl jeep cherokee.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	390867
                            Thumbnail from the sale listing. I was buying quite a few items from Tom Z over the better part of two years. I just put them into jammers, 5 regular and 2 half (I could just round to 6 jammers). I started taking some pics but in the middle somehow the lighting messed up and about half of the images are too dark, so I need to reshoot. I'll look for this Jeep. A lot of the pieces I got from him were pre-production and development pieces, so it is a strong possibility this is another.

                            I can state emphatically that the primer gray wrecker is a pre-pro piece, I ended up with 2 of them, and there are subtle differences from the retail versions (the opaque emergency lights on top are one clue).
                            The image file limits have been reset. Upper limits now are 100,000 when we have some images that exceed 5,000,000. I've set the pixels for no more than 1000 across the longest side, so if you resize to that all should be well. (The limits are larger than what I typically use, and my images turn out just fine, so I know it shouldn't be a problem)

                            Thank you for your understanding.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jt3 View Post

                              Click image for larger version Name:	tom z jl jeep cherokee.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.9 KB ID:	390867
                              Thumbnail from the sale listing. I was buying quite a few items from Tom Z over the better part of two years. I just put them into jammers, 5 regular and 2 half (I could just round to 6 jammers). I started taking some pics but in the middle somehow the lighting messed up and about half of the images are too dark, so I need to reshoot. I'll look for this Jeep. A lot of the pieces I got from him were pre-production and development pieces, so it is a strong possibility this is another.

                              I can state emphatically that the primer gray wrecker is a pre-pro piece, I ended up with 2 of them, and there are subtle differences from the retail versions (the opaque emergency lights on top are one clue).
                              Very cool! Well at least I know two of them exist so gives me hope some day another will pop up for sale. If you do come across I would be interested to know if it was a pre production and I would love to see more pics. Thanks!
                              Avid Jeep Cherokee XJ Collector. My Collection (still adding). Cherokees I'm looking for :-)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X