Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C8 Corvette in at the Chevy Dealer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C8 Corvette in at the Chevy Dealer

    Just found this C8 Vette the other day and am quite impressed. Not the biggest fan of the real deal, but hoping someday I'll learn to like it more. Paired here with the new Greenlight Pace Car C8.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	c8  vette.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	324687
    Click image for larger version

Name:	c8 close.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	324688

  • #2
    I actually hated it but now i like it after all it is a beautiful model. I do want a black auto world though so since i cannot go into stores anymore due to the new strain im back to keeping my siblings in the truck so hopefully my mom actually gets me anything

    Comment


    • #3
      Which one do you think is better, the AW or the GL?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lil' '86 View Post
        Which one do you think is better, the AW or the GL?
        Me? If so then i would say the black bandit version. But i extremely highly doubt you meant me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't like it maybe it's the mindset that Ford people can't like a new Corvette but I have to say l like the old Vettes especially the 63 Vette with the rear split windows. I think it's the first Corvette model in a while that doesn't have rear pipes not going out in the middle. The car is affordable for those who can or want to afford that kind of Supercar with the engine planted in the middle. The Ford GT is over half of a million dollars and some funky contract that you aren't allowed to sell it for two years? Technically I should like the Vette after all I'm more than middle-aged for laughing out loud.

          On a positive note great diorama set-up and pictures.
          Due to the recent budget cuts,
          the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
          current state of the economy, the light at the end
          of the tunnel has been turned off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Daniel View Post
            I don't like it maybe it's the mindset that Ford people can't like a new Corvette but I have to say l like the old Vettes especially the 63 Vette with the rear split windows. I think it's the first Corvette model in a while that doesn't have rear pipes not going out in the middle. The car is affordable for those who can or want to afford that kind of Supercar with the engine planted in the middle. The Ford GT is over half of a million dollars and some funky contract that you aren't allowed to sell it for two years? Technically I should like the Vette after all I'm more than middle-aged for laughing out loud.

            On a positive note great diorama set-up and pictures.
            Im a fully blown Ford freak so much as to where if someone says Dora the Explorer i go ballistic and any other insults to Ford and funny thing my new science teacher actually wants to own a 1963 split window vet apparently that is the only year it was made but her daughters boyfriend worked at a garage and the owner passed so he is getting it according to the will and i think he will give it to her

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lil' '86 View Post
              Which one do you think is better, the AW or the GL?
              Overall, I think the Autoworld is superior with a metal base, and opening engine cover. The Greenlight version has nice paint and good detailing. To my eyes, the GL wheels look a little smaller than they should. They are both very nice though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JBH6666 View Post

                Overall, I think the Autoworld is superior with a metal base, and opening engine cover. The Greenlight version has nice paint and good detailing. To my eyes, the GL wheels look a little smaller than they should. They are both very nice though.
                Thanks for the review, this sure helps.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorry but I'd say I'd have to pass on the Vettes. Never was a fan of the Corvette since they did away with the Stingray style back in the 60s. There were some nice ones that caught my eye in the 70s, 80s but after that it was all down hill for me and the Corvette. They look too much like the Lamborghini and Ferrari super cars. I never liked or got into any of those.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Stangfreak View Post
                    Sorry but I'd say I'd have to pass on the Vettes. Never was a fan of the Corvette since they did away with the Stingray style back in the 60s. There were some nice ones that caught my eye in the 70s, 80s but after that it was all down hill for me and the Corvette. They look too much like the Lamborghini and Ferrari super cars. I never liked or got into any of those.
                    That pretty much is how I feel.
                    Due to the recent budget cuts,
                    the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
                    current state of the economy, the light at the end
                    of the tunnel has been turned off.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm very much curious to see how the Auto World rendition of the car stacks up against Mini GT's rendition. It seems like they are on par with one another.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        This is my kind of Corvette.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindig-Corvette-2-of-14.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	332066
                        Due to the recent budget cuts,
                        the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
                        current state of the economy, the light at the end
                        of the tunnel has been turned off.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                          This is my kind of Corvette.

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Kindig-Corvette-2-of-14.jpg Views:	22 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	332066
                          Absolutely Daniel... Now that's a Vette!!!
                          Remember these from AW?




                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X