Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think Somebody Botched It

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Think Somebody Botched It

    I bought this Custom Ford F-100 by M2 a while back:





    But there's more then meets the eye; what you're looking at, is a 1969 Ford Mustang, pickup style


    I think somebody in the poor quality chinese factories spoofed! Can anybody else who has one take a look and see if theirs is the same?
    Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

  • #2
    Originally posted by DieCastDodges View Post
    I bought this Custom Ford F-100 by M2 a while back: ... Can anybody else who has one take a look and see if theirs is the same?



    Is there supposed to be a photo?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BOB-LO View Post



      Is there supposed to be a photo?
      Can you not see it? Let me try them again:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	35BA6AFE-7B41-4B77-A3C6-39E9B64EF075.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	271860
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DE9A479A-038D-42B3-9358-B6AE2D91B675.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	271858
      Click image for larger version

Name:	71424B12-EB18-45EA-A8EC-746A07A54FB6.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	271857
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CC947340-2F4B-4A7C-9B0F-5F9D7CC2166C.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	271859
      Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

      Comment


      • #4
        it looks like a F-100 but yep! The base says mustang

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 2012 Ford Explorer View Post
          it looks like a F-100 but yep! The base says mustang
          In the pic of it in the packaging you can see the display stand says “1969 Ford F-100 Custom 4x4” which is obviously correct. Maybe when they say “custom” they mean more then a little lift and some black steelies
          Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, that's a bit odd.

            Comment


            • #7
              I asked HossPower98, and his is the same with the Mustang tamp, but he also has the black version and it has the correct one.
              Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DieCastDodges View Post
                I asked HossPower98, and his is the same with the Mustang tamp, but he also has the black version and it has the correct one.
                Wait same deco on the stang? AND THE F-100? Odd very odd.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 2012 Ford Explorer View Post

                  Wait same deco on the stang? AND THE F-100? Odd very odd.
                  No, no, sorry I should have typed that clearer. He has the same pickup I made the post about, and it has the same error. There was also a version of the same F-100 casting and same rainbow tamps but in black, and he has that one too but it has the correct tamp on the base.
                  Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cool error.
                    I collect all diecast from the 1950's to now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bob Bobberton View Post
                      Cool error.
                      It’s cool enough that I taped that bit off when I repainted the base

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	7BF1006A-B89D-4CF1-B14B-67F9DF59B344.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	271950
                      Joshua B at Bignboostedcustomtrucks ~ Customizer and commission builder ~ Dodge, Diesel, Dually, and squarebody fanatic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DieCastDodges View Post

                        No, no, sorry I should have typed that clearer. He has the same pickup I made the post about, and it has the same error. There was also a version of the same F-100 casting and same rainbow tamps but in black, and he has that one too but it has the correct tamp on the base.
                        Ahh now i understand what you mean

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A great friend and member here, "Patrick," posted this a good while back and I thought this what you were talking about...
                          Except it's a 66 Mustang pickup style. I had a real one back in 1975 and 76. I called it Mustruck!!!








                          Comment


                          • #14
                            nice job🤠

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X