Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little help figuring things out here...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a little help figuring things out here...

    Hello everybody, I just joined. I'm a little confused and still learning my way around, this is a lot different from the other forums I use. I have a few questions.

    1. This is probably a very frequently asked question, but like I said I'm still learning my way around so I'm not sure how to find an answer to this. How do I post pictures? Does the site have an image hosting service or do I have to use something like Flickr or photobucket?

    2. I'm brand new to custom modeling. I only have a half dozen or so Greenlights (mostly trucks) that I collected in the past couple years, just picking up one or two when I got interested in it and packing them away again later. So I have a few very basic questions, like how to take out the metal rivets that attach the frame to the body and things like that. Where should those questions be asked?

    3. I would like to start a thread that documents my builds as I go, with a new post in the thread each time I complete something instead of a bunch of short threads. Would it be best to post them as individual threads in the database (if I got that right), or if not where should I post my thread? That main reason for wanting one big thread is that I like to post some work in progress pics and questions from time to time.

    4. Are there specific forums for different categories or modeling? For example, I want to get into modeling pick up trucks with custom wheels, lifts, etc, so is there a way to separate that from say some slammed Audi?

    That's all I can think of for the time but I'll probably have more as I keep exploring. Please correct me if I already made any mistakes πŸ™‚
    "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

  • #2
    Already got another question πŸ˜› I'm not sure how to word this, but I'm beginning to think I might be in the wrong place. Are these forums for just collecting cars or is there a place for custom modeling? Because to put it frankly, custom modeling is what I'm here for.
    "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

    Comment


    • #3
      First, welcome aboard! Second, looks like a 68 Charger profile pic yes ...

      1. This site will host pictures, or photobucket and Flickr also work.
      There is a testing thread in the Service Counter forum.

      https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/2203

      2. Repair bay

      https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/319

      3. Custom builds could go in Dioramas

      https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/304

      4. Yes there are many categories here. If something needs to be moved staff can assist.

      Cheers
      Eric

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DieCastDodges View Post
        Already got another question πŸ˜› I'm not sure how to word this, but I'm beginning to think I might be in the wrong place. Are these forums for just collecting cars or is there a place for custom modeling? Because to put it frankly, custom modeling is what I'm here for.
        The focus here is mainly on 1/64 scale diecast cars although there is other variety.

        Eric

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 69ch View Post

          The focus here is mainly on 1/64 scale diecast cars although there is other variety.

          Eric
          Sorry I should have specified, by custom modeling I mean customizing 1/64 scale vehicles.
          "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 69ch View Post
            First, welcome aboard! Second, looks like a 68 Charger profile pic yes ...

            1. This site will host pictures, or photobucket and Flickr also work.
            There is a testing thread in the Service Counter forum.

            https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/2203

            2. Repair bay

            https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/319

            3. Custom builds could go in Dioramas

            https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/304

            4. Yes there are many categories here. If something needs to be moved staff can assist.

            Cheers
            Eric
            Hehe yup, that was one of my first Greenlights. I'll have to play with that thread and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the links Eric!
            "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

            Comment


            • #7
              Welcome!! I am looking forward to seeing your customs!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 1967stang View Post
                Welcome!! I am looking forward to seeing your customs!
                Thank you! I can’t wait to get building, just waiting on the mail at the point!
                "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

                Comment


                • #9
                  There are several great customizers at the Garage, some who can make a custom 1/64 that wins prizes at conventions. look up Stangfreaks customs on the site. His customs are better and more beautiful than the new stuff right out of the bubble.
                  Mr. Bowtie
                  Past President of the Diecast Liberation Movement & maybe possibly a member of the "Black With Flames" Classification Committee (if such an entity exists and has a classification committee) Which I deny ever being part of.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by James View Post
                    There are several great customizers at the Garage, some who can make a custom 1/64 that wins prizes at conventions. look up Stangfreaks customs on the site. His customs are better and more beautiful than the new stuff right out of the bubble.
                    Just did, and wow, he definitely builds some awesome stuff!
                    "You can sit there and dream about it, or you can stand up and make it happen."

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X