Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found a chase!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I found a chase!

    I couldn't believe it! I'm not a big fan of Auto World but the employee was about to stock the case, so I saw him putting these up. Couldn't believe it!

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	225706
    “No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.”

  • #2
    That's a great find - congrats! Though I do wish that AW kept the standard black tires; in my opinion, the original Ultra Reds were among some of the best looking chase models out there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Stampede View Post
      That's a great find - congrats! Though I do wish that AW kept the standard black tires; in my opinion, the original Ultra Reds were among some of the best looking chase models out there.
      Thanks!!
      “No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.”

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow. I don't collect hardly any chases but they sure help you afford your diecast addiction.
        Due to the recent budget cuts,
        the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil, plus the
        current state of the economy, the light at the end
        of the tunnel has been turned off.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice.....
          Scotty "Mustang (+Matchbox) Mad Man!"

          RIP.....Pop.....David Blase Garascia 9-17-35 12-3-20.

          Comment


          • #6
            Congrats on the find! Will you be keeping it, or trade it in for other diecast?
            See them selling for around 30-40 beans now.
            I have only found a couple of ultra reds, not one raw yet though.

            Eric

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 69ch View Post
              Congrats on the find! Will you be keeping it, or trade it in for other diecast?
              See them selling for around 30-40 beans now...

              Eric
              I'm curious to read MB Fan's reply to this question, too!

              Comment


              • #8
                69ch & BOB-LO great question! I'm actually not sure yet, I may keep it for a while. I was super excited finding it...
                “No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  In those rare occasions when I have found Auto World models on the pegs I have found two of the chase cars - both in the days when the tires were still black. I bought them and offered them to a fellow collector who I knew liked chase models at the price I paid for them.

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Originally posted by pjedsel View Post
                    In those rare occasions when I have found Auto World models on the pegs I have found two of the chase cars - both in the days when the tires were still black. I bought them and offered them to a fellow collector who I knew liked chase models at the price I paid for them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MatchboxFan55 View Post
                      69ch & BOB-LO great question! I'm actually not sure yet, I may keep it for a while. I was super excited finding it...

                      I'll be watching you, Brother!

                      BTW: Congrats on your find!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BOB-LO View Post


                        I'll be watching you, Brother!

                        BTW: Congrats on your find!
                        Watching me for what?
                        “No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MatchboxFan55 View Post
                          69ch & BOB-LO great question! I'm actually not sure yet, I may keep it for a while. I was super excited finding it...
                          Something to consider, this model will most likely continue to decrease in value
                          over time and eventually bottom out. Trade in now while its new for best results.
                          Enjoy!
                          Eric

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 69ch View Post

                            Something to consider, this model will most likely continue to decrease in value
                            over time and eventually bottom out. Trade in now while its new for best results.
                            Enjoy!
                            Eric
                            Thanks for the info!
                            “No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Congrats. I found the same one!

                              Rick

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X