Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hallmark 2003 Chevrolet G4500 Ambulance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hallmark 2003 Chevrolet G4500 Ambulance

    Hallmark 2012 Chevrolet G4500 Ambulance - 2019 Keepsake Christmas Ornament. Unlike the fire engine and other ornaments this one does not have any flashing light features. It is very nicely detailed and a nice addition to the world of 1/64th ambulances. Model is diecast and made in Vietnam. I have bought one for granddaughter Katie for her "krankenwagen" collection as well as one for the squad leader of our local ambulance service.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0710.JPG Views:	2 Size:	928.0 KB ID:	18264Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0714.JPG Views:	2 Size:	901.5 KB ID:	18265Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0713.JPG Views:	2 Size:	960.5 KB ID:	18266Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0715.JPG Views:	2 Size:	940.4 KB ID:	18267


    Size comparison with GreenLight Ambulance
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0717.JPG Views:	2 Size:	961.2 KB ID:	18268Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0718.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1,009.5 KB ID:	18269
    Last edited by pjedsel; 11-02-2019, 11:00 AM.

  • #2
    Looks good on size - I might need to consider this one!

    Comment


    • #3
      I picked up one. Another winner for Hallmark !

      Comment


      • #4
        I was up late last night (til after midnight) trying to get pics of some of my new toys, this ambulance being among them....but I do have some "action" shots I got around that late hour...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2940.jpg Views:	1 Size:	397.3 KB ID:	18438

        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2941.jpg Views:	1 Size:	429.1 KB ID:	18439
        Anybody know the significance of the difference between the front and rear license plates? (Front Shows "2010".....rear says "2019".)

        Comment


        • #5
          I ended up going to the Hallmark store because I couldn't resist the allure of finally having a Chevy ambulance in my collection!
          Although it does seem much bigger than I expected - I always thought that a Chevrolet Express would be smaller than a DuraStar. Depends on the model, I guess.

          Comment


          • #6
            Very nice model!! Awesome scoreπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

            Comment


            • #7
              it is a very tempting piece.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stampede View Post
                I ended up going to the Hallmark store because I couldn't resist the allure of finally having a Chevy ambulance in my collection!
                Although it does seem much bigger than I expected - I always thought that a Chevrolet Express would be smaller than a DuraStar. Depends on the model, I guess.
                I'm thinking the Hallmark isn't supposed to be 1/64 like the Green Light. The Hallmark doesn't have a scale anywhere, but may be more like 1/60 or so. But how close they are is surprising and kinda nice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This Chevrolet ambulance ornament represents a much newer model year than 2003, it says 2012 on the front license plate, FYI. A VERY nice piece all in all, might have to buy one for myself!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Matt'sCars View Post
                    This Chevrolet ambulance ornament represents a much newer model year than 2003, it says 2012 on the front license plate, FYI. A VERY nice piece all in all, might have to buy one for myself!
                    Well, so it does! Must be these old eyes....and right on the front of the box it says "2012 Chevrolet G4500 Ambulance"....so that makes much more sense. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I must not have had enough coffee when I created this post. As Blair notes, it is even on the box that it is a 2012 model - not sure where I got the 2003. Made the correction in the original post but apparently cannot edit the header announcement. Thanks for catching that!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        very interesting- have to track one of these down. they look like they measure up quite nicely to the GL, whatever scale they might be. thanks for the heads up. what do they go for?
                        My Flickr Pix
                        1stPix Facebook Page
                        1stPix You Tube Page
                        1stPix Dioramas Instagram

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Phil from 1stPix Dioramas View Post
                          very interesting- have to track one of these down. they look like they measure up quite nicely to the GL, whatever scale they might be. thanks for the heads up. what do they go for?
                          $18.99 USD, according to the bottom of the box.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Current price at Hallmark Store is $20 - that is the normal price for most of their auto related ornaments. You can take a chance that they would still have some of these after Christmas when they start discounting the price - it is hit and miss on that - some years I have waited to buy the fire engine ornaments after Christmas and missed out as they were all sold out.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pjedsel View Post
                              I must not have had enough coffee when I created this post. As Blair notes, it is even on the box that it is a 2012 model - not sure where I got the 2003. Made the correction in the original post but apparently cannot edit the header announcement. Thanks for catching that!
                              Since GMC really hasn't facelifted the G-Series, 2003 models and 2012 models look almost the same. I'm surprised Chevy hasn't replaced it with a Euro van yet--and locally, I think it explains why Chevy is really taking over from Ford in terms of EMS units; seeing as pretty much, the Ford E-Series is about it. Only some of the small, patient transfer services use Transits and Sprinters. Guess those two can't really handle rural backroads, or dirt/gravel roads that well.

                              With what Hallmark put out this year, it's really making my wallet beg for mercy. The ambulance, is, by far one of the best done since Code 3. While a lot of the Hallmark stuff is obviously Christmas ornaments, it's really nicely done for the money. Especailly if you get 'em after Christmas--Amazon's had a few for as low as $5 from 2018 (GMC CCK-W; which is close to 1:64). I haven't bought 2018, 2017, or 2016 yet in the Fire Brigade series. Unfortunately--none of those are cheap--most selling for more than the $20 MSRP now. Used to enjoy picking them up on my birthday at a local Hallmark store. That closed early 2016. There is one, about two hours away. My folks hate driving that far, I hate driving that far; so I guess off to the interwebs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X